2/8/12

February 1934: The Guardian sends his letter known as ‘The Dispensation of Baha’u’llah’ – it is addressed to “the beloved of God and the handmaids of the Merciful throughout the West”

The weighty treatise known as The Dispensation of Bahá'u'lláh , written in 1934, burst upon the Bahá'ís like a blinding white light. I remember when I first read it I had the most extraordinary feeling as if the whole universe had suddenly expanded around me and I was looking out into its dazzling star-filled immensity; all the frontiers of our understanding flew outwards; the glory of this Cause and the true station of its Central Figures were revealed to us and we were never the same again. One would have thought that the stunning impact of this one communication from the Guardian would kill puniness of soul forever! However Shoghi Effendi felt in his inmost heart about his other writings, I know from his remarks that he considered he had said all he had to say, in many ways, in the Dispensation. (Ruhiyyih Khanum, The Priceless Pearl, p. 213)